Friday, March 11, 2011

The last of the distractions. This is the bike that got me started with framebuilding. The very first time I put a brazing torch to a bike was when I cut out the crash damaged rear triangle and replaced it, converting the bike to single-speed in the process. It's been reborn with a fresh lick of powdercoat as a commuter for a friend of mine...



... after I made a new fork to replace the one I mangled when I reversed into a parking garage with the bike on the roof. The fork, like the frame is new-old-stock Columbus SLX. Long Shen crown and socket style drops. The new owner, or perhaps custodian, is stoked to say the least.



Last piece in the puzzle for this bike - the rear brake bridge. Hopefully this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just realized that you post on Velocipede Salon as well. Good deal. Give some detailed photos on how you miter that seat stay bridge. I have the same one that I am putting on a frame and could you a fresh perspective.

Thanks, Wil